The Staff at Newport Beach Surgery Center is committed to making your experience pleasant, comfortable, and safe. Follow the guidelines below so you will be prepared for your upcoming procedure.
What to Do Before You Arrive:
- Make arrangements for transportation. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home nor leave the Center unattended. THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY. Also, you must arrange for a responsible adult to be with you at home after your procedure for the first twenty-four hours post-op.
- Your Nurse or Anesthesiologist will attempt to contact you before your procedure. They will confirm that you have been provided pre-op instructions and ask any questions that you may have about the steps for preparation for your procedure.
- Know your financial responsibility before arriving the day of the procedure. You will be contacted by the Center’s business office prior to the day of your procedure to verify your financial responsibility i.e. deductibles and co-insurance. Upon arrival at the Center, your financial portion of the procedure must be paid. Failure to do so could result in cancellation.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before your procedure UNLESS instructed by your surgeon, gastroenterologist or anesthesiologist.
NOTE: failure to follow this instruction will result in the cancellation of your procedure.
- Bathe or shower. Do not apply any lotion or cream to your skin.
- Remove contact lenses. If needed wear glasses.
- Do not wear make-up, false eyelashes, jewelry of any kind, or hairpins.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Clothes that open down the front rather than pull over your head are best.
- Pediatric Patients. The Staff encourages you to bring your favorite stuffed animal or blanket.
- Dentures. You may wear your dentures but be prepared to have them removed for your procedure.
On the Day of Your Surgery:
- Arrive a minimum of One Hour before your scheduled procedure.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted by a member of our Staff and instructed to complete and sign your admitting forms. Due to the Identity Theft Laws patients are required to bring in a valid picture ID and insurance card, along with any financial payment due upon arrival. Acceptable form of payment are cash, cashier’s check or debit card. We also American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Personal checks are not accepted. Leave all other valuables at home.
- List of all Medications. Bring a list of ALL medications you are currently taking.
- Advance Directives. If you have an advanced directive, please bring this with you.
- Parking will be paid by NBSC. To view our Site Map and Parking Instructions, click here to download a printable PDF.